Tuesday

Gourmet's Delight Sandwich

This was a pretty cool sandwich but I did make one little mistake it says at the end to put the cheese on top of the sandwich and broil I put it in and broil (sorry my daughter is here and my mind is in Lovey dovey mommy mood)

Also I used 8 sprout bread because we do not do white sandwich bread. To be honest the only white bread we do is the sour dough I bake from the sourdough starter I have had for years here is the link for that recipe that took for ever to get just right.


A Cook Tour of San Francisco..........1963

 

 

Gourmet Delight Sandwich

2 slices of white bread
2 pats butter
1 2-0oz slice of baked ham
3 1 oz slices dill pickle
1 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp horseradish
Dash  Worcestershire sauce
1 slice - 2 oz - of cooked turkey
1 2 oz slice American cheese






Butter bread, and on one piece place ham, the dill pickle slices cut the thickness of fifty-cent pieces, the sour cream combined with the horseradish and Worcestershire sauce, the slice of turkey,and the second slice of bread.










Trim the edges, place the cheese on top, put in a hot oven or under the broiler , until the cheese is soft but not melted. Serves one.
It was yummy the taste of the horseradish is just enough combined with the pickles ...the pickle I pickled...yupppp

No comments:

Post a Comment