Friday

The Lady's Coleslaw

Cold Slaw is one of my favorite salads. The variety of slaw's are endless.When I was growing up anything with a Mayonnaise base made me queeezy. As I have grown into a logical person I noticed that we can take anything and make it to our taste.

The biggest change I noticed Cold Slaw is able to adapt to tangy and I love tangy!



This was delicious







Ingredients


1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 green onion chopped
1/2 large carrot, chopped
1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 head of cabbage

Dressing 

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt (I have no idea what this is) I used Kosher Salt.
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon white vinegar




In food processor, gently process bell pepper, carrot and parsley, being careful not to over process (do not let mixture become mushy)

The onion can be chopped and added when you add the dressing.



Cut up half the cabbage into chunks and place in food processor.

Process lightly (once again, don't let the cabbage get to mushy)






Thinly slice remaining cabbage. Cabbage has a lot of water when fresh so wring it out. Do this between two clean cloths.

Mix the cabbage together, adding the processed vegetables.




Mix remaining ingredients together and allow to stand for a few minutes.


Pour over slaw ingredients and toss.


 Chill for at least one hour. The beauty of Slaw's are they are a type of salad that it takes a lot to get soggy. So you can actually marinate it hours before your party and the dressing integrates into the vegtables.






This Slaw was simple and super delicious. I think to make it ahead for a party or BBQ with friends is great.


One less thing to do while you rock their world at your next gathering

No comments:

Post a Comment