Tuesday

Jam Filled Cookies

I can not think of a better way to use my Raspberry Jam. I make so many jam's sometimes it is hard to decide what to do with what. Jam is not just for bread. Let us get started. I always  do my best to have all my ingredients ready when I cook anything. This really makes it easier and accurate.




Preheat your oven to 350 to 375 depends on your oven.


Ingredients

1 ¾ cups flour
½ cup chopped nuts (Chop to the size you like)
¾ cups of softened butter
1/2 cup powered sugar (sifted)
¼ teaspoon of finely chopped lemon peel
¾ cup of My Rasberrylicious Jam
Or if you have to any preserve you can get
1 tablespoon flour (reserved from the cup of flour)
9x9x2 baking dish
 

Stir together in a bowl the nuts and flour and set it aside



In a mixing bowl beat the butter
Add the sugar and lemon till mixed






And the flour mixture till it is crumbly








Coat your pan with oil spray


Now press 2/3 of the mixture to the bottom of your pan evenly. I put just a touch more crumble in each corner of the baking dish this is the area of the pan that is always is to thin. Like I wish I was.






Prior to adding the top layer stir in the tablespoon of flour into the remaining mixture to make it even more crumbly.


Put a nice layer of jam over the mixture but do not go all the way to the edge of the pan leave about ¼” of room around the edges.




 












Cover it with the remaining crumble mixture







Now sprinkle it on the top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes check it because you want it to be just golden brown on the top see my pictures now that is golden










Cool on a wire rack. Once cooled cut and enjoy. 

They are like Shortbread cookie but up a level! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment