Sunday

Stuffed Double Pork Chops


Ok this is a good one I need to say. First it has been so long since I stuffed any meat. I like the large amount of parsley they use I am a parsley lover. Any herb that you like can actually be substituted in this recipe. Pork is truly the other white meat. When herbs can come out of my garden then it makes it even Betta.








You all know how much I love my vintage cook book selection. This one was so ahead of it's time with Herb's.







Alright then the book for today is Herbs for the Kitchen.....1943


Double Pork Chops Stuffed
This makes 4 servings

4 double pork chops at least 3 inches, cut with a "pocket" on the meat side
1/2 lb spinach
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped Parsley
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Summer Savory (spice)
A Pinch Sweet Basil
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1/3 cup hot water
2 tablespoons dry white wine

* I adjusted the of the size pork in my recipe which changed the time to cook by half.

NOTE: I do a lot of cooking so I will buy a whole pork roast and cut my own chop. This way I have control over the size. Also I can brine the roast prior to making any recipe to tenderize the pork. This guarantees it always comes out tender not tough like pork which can happens due to it's lack of fat. I will post a brine recipe and instructions in another post!





Wash spinach, salt it, and cook it without water for 10 minutes. This takes less time but it depends on the flame. Keep it low. The spinach has a lot of liquid in it so it is ok. Drain and chop.





 Mince garlic and fry in oil for 5 minutes. Careful not to burn.









Add your parsley, herbs and stir well.  Now add bread crumbs, spinach, salt and pepper to taste and simmer on low for 5 minutes.


Let cool, then stuff pockets of chops with this mixture.







Time to stuff those babies. My chops are about an inch thick give or take. I cut the chops open enough to stuff approximately 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of stuffing into each chop. Give or take.







Bake chops at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with basting liquor of the hot water, wine and salt to taste.

Almost done forgot to take a picture when I stuffed them. I was excited and hungry.

Now, back into the oven! 










I loved it...Made some wild rice to go with it and salad form the garden.

If I keep doing this I'm going, will did gain weight at quite a fast pace..thus the morning walks are getting very brisk

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment