Sunday

Mustard Crusted Whole Chicken

This recipe for Mustard Crusted Whole Chicken turned out better than I ever imagined. The chicken was so moist and the prep was simple. I have switched from regular bread crumb to Panko in certain recipes. I do love making my own bread crumbs from my homemade croutons also.


I love all things chicken and I am a mustard eater. I love mustard. I make such a variety. I made my first mustard recipe from a recipe on Tigress in a Pickle  that has yet stopped blogging.  That is where I got my original recipe for mustard. Enough with the mustard.  The Panko bread crumb give this the nice crunch it needs and keep the moisture in the bird.


Mustard Crusted Whole Chicken

1  whole chicken
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
¼ cup prepared mustard
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbs chopped parsley
1 apple


Clean your chicken save the gut's for your chicken stock



Stuff an apple in its ass. I always do this putting it in the cavity of chicken this brings a slight yet delicious flavor to any chicken recipe.








I do all the work in the stock pot where the chicken will cook.
 Put your chicken into the pot you plan on cooking it in yes I use my large iron pot.










Now in a small bowl whisk the egg then add the mustard, honey, parsley and salt and pepper to taste mix this up well. It should be a moist paste. Now you can coat your chicken with the crusty paste.





Oh yes pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.













Completely cover the top and sides of the chicken and as much of the sides as you can. It is thick but in the cooking process it gets so crunchy delicious.















Cook your chicken until the internal temperature is 175 degrees. Take your chicken out and let it cool for approximately 20 minutes.







Once cooled carefully take the chicken out of the pot and cut and serve.














No comments:

Post a Comment