Tuesday

Black Bean Dip


Black Bean Dip what a great snack. I am a bean head. I pressure can beans any chance I get and always have a jar of beans on hand. The variety is endless BlackPintoGarbanzoBBQ  They are all so good for you good.And the ways to use them also are endless.


I started with a jar of the black bean's I pressure cooked. I did notice that the jar I took out was stuffed with Los Arboles Chilies and the hot did not go through the bean mixture leaving any type of hot element. Maybe because they were whole. Who knows. I also used a jar of my Salsa that I canned when tomatoes were at a peak. It was super easy.




 

 

Ingredients

2 cups of black beans
1 cup salsa
Juice from one lime or lemon
1 garlic clove chopped
Salt and pepper to taste






Add all your ingredients into your food processor or blender. Whip them together. You want it to be a smooth consistency. When it is you can taste it to see if you would like to add any of your own ingredients.






It is endless the amount of things I find to do with the food I preserve. This is just one more example. Things you may like to add to you bean dip. Tabasco or red pepper flakes.  This adds spice to an already delicious dip. Keep in mind you can always add but you can not subtract once it is in the dip. You can even split it up into two bowls and add spicy to one of the bowls so you have mild and spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment