Sunday

Green Beans with Garlic


Sauteed Green beans with garlic is good food for you! I love vegetables and Summer is so special when we can grow and pick our own. The Farmers Markets are just over flowing with fresh produce and foodie stuff to get you going in your kitchen or BBQ.  This is a simple and great summer side dish.






Ingredients

2 pounds of fresh greens beans
4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
olive oil/with a slice of butter
salt , pepper & lemon to taste






I happen to love my garden vegetables crisp when I eat them hot or cold. Clean and cut the ends off your green beans. You can leave them on if they are not brown and grimy.

You will want to steam your green beans for approximately 5 to 7 minutes. I like my green beans with a slight crunch. I like my food to have a bit of a personality that is why I like a bit of a crunch. 


Once they are steamed to the desired tenderness put them into an ice bath. This is a bowl of cold water with ice cubes added to make it super cold. You want to shock your vegetables. This stops the cooking and brightens up the color.




 Slice your garlic cloves so they are thin. They will brown up quick and look really great. 










Take a frying pan and place your butter and olive oil make sure the heat is high enough to brown NOT BURN. Add the garlic slices brown slightly. I like my garlic brown and I know I will get a nice little crunch. Do what you like when you saute them.


 Here is what my garlic looks like when it is ready.

Add your steamed green beans to the pan and warm. Pop them in a serving dish and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment