Tuesday

Old Fashion Brownies


My Grandmother use to make the BEST brownies. I have made them for years and just realized that there is no copy on this Blog. Holy Brownie they are gone before they can even cool. 

Well let us get straight to the recipe



Ingredients - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

  • 1  1/4 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 egg
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 stick butter soften
  • 1/2 cup of walnuts (yes I used more)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt



Use soften butter I leave mine out overnight. You can melt it in the microwave personally I am pretty old-school. Also I sift the flour, cocoa, and salt together. 






Start by mixing the butter and the sugar in a bowl. Once they are mixed well set them aside. Add the cocoa mix sift it into the mixture.

Now beat your eggs in a separate vehicle and then add that to the sugar mix . I just use the measuring cup to beat my eggs by hand.

I do not take my Kitchen Aid out for this recipe. I find doing it the way my grandma would have makes it a more loving and emotional process every time.



Add your flour with salt and stir together. 




The mixture should be very thick. It will be super thick that is ok that is what makes them so gooey. Now last but not least add your walnuts. Yes, I add a lot but we love the crunch with the gooey.




Alrighty you are ready to put them into the pan. I spray a 8 x 8 pan and also line it with parchment paper this makes it easy to take them out once cooled. When there are some left I wrap them in that parchment paper with some aluminum to seal.



Pop your browns right into a hot oven. 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes and check them by poking a toothpick through the middle that comes out clean. 


 

Once cooled cut and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment