Saturday

Chicken Thighs with Onion & Bell Pepper

Well we all know I love chicken and my Mama has given me new love for The Thigh. It has so much flavor and when you add some stuff to it Betta!



Have no fear it is cooked I just pulled the skin back for the picture. 

Look you can never be to careful and I do not need the reputation of the half cooked cook!






I always have chicken thighs on hand and in my kitchen . I am also known for my love of lemon. I am a lemon head. The word even sends chill's down my spine. Holy Rooster I am drooling. Back to the thigh's.

This is simple as are most of the recipes I post. Preheat your oven to 350


Ingredients

5 chicken thigh's
olive oil
1  sliced red bell pepper
1 sliced red onion
1 lemon - half for squeezing and  half to slice
a few fresh sprigs of parsley
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste

 Line a baking sheet with aluminum or not. I do because it makes my clean up fast. It is a toss up. Do you want to waste water washing. Your call. Alright line a baking sheet and drizzle just a tad of olive oil.  The thighs have the skin which makes enough fat not to stick. I like the tiny taste of a little olive oil. Place your thighs on the baking sheet.



Slice and add your red bell peppers and red onions. Place a lemon slice on each thigh place your parsley around the chicken. Now squeeze the other half of lemon juice onto the chicken and season to taste with your salt, pepper and garlic. If you have other seasonings you like adds them. The more the merrier the mouth.














 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes + depending on your oven . I noticed while writing this post the ingredients look almost exactly the same in the one picture above and below. I took them out to turn the tray and returned them to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.

No Fear my friends No Fear!

This is a juicy and delicious dinner and easy to make. Chicken thighs are the underdog of chicken. They are the juiciest part of the chicken and so delicious with any side dish. Go take on the thigh! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment