Friday

Gravy from Scratch


 I have made gravy from a packet for most of my adult life. Except Thanksgiving when there are greasy scrape-in's. There are many reason to this one is that it  easy. I always had couple of packet on hand for quick dinners like turkey with gravy or roast beef with gravy. It has been a staple in my pantry. But not any more, I made gravy from scratch last night and it was so good.






Last night was a shock to my system "What no Packet of gravy" What has happened to the world as I know it. Holy shit do I have to go to the store? So I scratched my head and asked why not make it from scratch.
Hum I do not have a turkey to get any scrape-in's from. Ok off to cook book collection no Mama is hungry and I need to feed her now! Internet it is. I searched but most wanted scrape-in's. I found one and it turned out super delicious.



Gravy

This will make 1 cup
3 tablespoons of butter
4 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste



 
In a small pot melt your butter add your flour and whisk until it is well combined. It will be a little thicker than a rue. Add you chicken broth a cup at a time whisking between additions. Whisk it well I found pockets of flour in my pot.

Poof !                Done!

Oh Salt and Pepper to taste.



This is so super easy and so super good. My Mama and Pa went banana's for it. I will not I tell you NOT buy packet ever again. Always have chicken broth on hand in your pantry. If you want a brown gravy just switch out the chicken broth for Beef and I added a tablespoon of liquid smoke.




Adapted from this site and this one 



No comments:

Post a Comment