Thursday

Moist Leftover Fruit Bread/Cake


This cake is the best cake I ever ate. It is moist beyond any cake I ever made. It is delicious with the nice variety of leftover fruit I had to use. And I think the touch of yogurt was what really hit the moisture level I got. I love to watch cooking shows but hate going to most websites because they have more pop ups and advertising then I need. I will watch and write a recipe while watching the show. 





I don't always get all the ingredients and rarely check the site to make sure. I just write it on a napkins run to the kitchen and cook. After cooking it I did check to the site and yup she missed a few ingredients (or she left out) this one I grabbed from Pioneer Woman on TV and noted it was not the same as she had on the website but mine turned out heavenly so those missing ingredients and measurement made this cake awesome. 

Lets get started ....


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 stick of butter (softened)
  • 1/2 small container of plain yogurt 2.5 ounces
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 old banana
  • 1/2 cup approximately of blackberries
  • 1 cup or so of blueberries
  • Preheat your oven t 350 degrees


** Remember this is fruit that you need to use or put in the compost pile tomorrow. So use that brilliant head of your's to know how much. You got this!


To the left is my old fruit. I guess-da-mated




Alright the only tools you need is a large bowl and a tool to mix with. I did not use my mixer it
really was not necessary. Smash your banana and have it ready. Take your butter, sugar and vanilla, egg and mix together. Once mixed add your banana then the flour, baking soda and salt. I sift my dry ingredients into the batter this way there are no lumps. 


Make sure you mix your berries into some flour this will help them not to sink while cooking. 


Just toss them with about 3 tablespoons of regular flour. 









Once they are coated with some flour just gently add them to the batter. Mix it together be gentle at this point. Just toss them with about 3 tablespoons of regular flour. 






Your cooking pans should be sprayed with some kind of oil. Then if you want add parchment paper. I do because it makes the bread easier to remove from the pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper and lay it into the pan let it fall over the long edges of the baking pan. Like the picture yes I cut my just a bit to long. But it worked well anywho.


Alrighty now pop it into the oven and bake for 50 + minutes. Use a toothpick to pierce the center to make sure it is done. When you bring the toothpick out of the bread it will be clean.


Let the bread cool for about 20 minutes and then transfer it to a rack or plate of you have no rack. I never seem to be able to wait and I cut into it in the first 15 minutes. Granted that many times it falls apart but it is so delicious even crumbled a bit. And butter helps it stick.  

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment