Monday

Oven Baked Cauliflower Wings



Today I decided to look outside of the box. With my BBQ today I want more vegetables. Regardless that this is made in the oven you could do it in the BBQ but I will let you figure that one out. Everyone is getting so creative with their vegetables and so I thought I would try this one. Knowing that cauliflower is a sturdy vegetable I knew it could stand up to heat and the elements without becoming soft and soggy. Well with that let us get started.




You will need a head of cauliflower to start. Clean the cauliflower as you usually do by  taking off all the leaves. Toss them into the compost. Keep the cauliflower in large enough pieces to grab with your fingers and enjoy. My pictures will show you my process.

You will need a batter to coat your cauliflower. Mine was made with what I have in my refrigerator and pantry you make due with what you use. Please do not get caught up in the ingredients milk is milk and flour is flour tit for tat.

Preheat your oven for 400 degrees and pop it up to 450 the last 15 minutes

Coating Ingredients:

1 cup almond milk
1 cup wheat flour
Seasoning to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Hot sauce to taste or not

Mix all your ingredients into a small bowl.




Now our the coating ingredients to a large bag and add your cauliflower. I use my colander to coat the cauliflower so the excess will drip off and why waste a bag. Mix evenly regardless.



As you can see by the picture to the right. I coat them with the batter and then coat them with the Panko Crumbs in the same colander.




Let talk cooking sheets. I have used my Grandma's old cookie sheet. Yes it is worn but still cooking great. Place your coated crumbed cauliflower pieces on the cooking tray






Not touching but able to bake evenly. Bake them for 20 minutes until they are golden brown. Flip them over half way through the cooking process.

















Alright the end result was delicious but I so love Chicken Wings but this
would be a great alternative for your meatless party goers. Do try it !



No comments:

Post a Comment