Friday

Lime Zest Sugar Cookies


It's s that time of year again and I am off to the Fair. The Ventura County Fair . It is so exciting as I did not think I would make it after all that has happened but I did it. I took a whole load of canned stuff that I will post on our Canning Blog. I also took some of the pictures that I took for the first time to the photography section. But the most important part for us is the Baking. It was my first time turning anything in for baking and it was not easy to make so much in so little time. My first thought was to bake and freeze till fair but I wanted it to be as fresh as possible. 

So here is one of the cookies I did. It came off the internet from a women named Karen Baker who posted it on MyRecipes. I tried to find her blog but I do not know that she has one but the link will take you to the original recipe un-tweaked. Either way in my mind it is a Blue Ribbon winner and hopefully it will be. Enjoy.


Lime Zest Sugar cookies

Ingredients 

3/4 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar, (divided by 1 1/2 cup and a single 1/2 cup)
Zest of 4 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large egg yolks, at room temperature (let them sit out for 30 minutes)
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour

Here are some of the things I did to tweak this a bit. So it is up to you to take these up or down a notch depending on your taste it does not change the texture of the cookies. I added an extra tablespoon of lime juice. And I added two extra tablespoons of lime zest.

The mixture:
  • Beat butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and lime zest on medium speed until lightly & creamed
  • Add sour cream, and beat just until blended
  • Stir in egg yolks and lime juice, scraping down sides of bowl
  • Add salt, baking powder, and flour, and beat until blended
  • Chill dough 1 hour..... I made extra and froze it


To prep and cook: 
  • Preheat oven 350 
  • Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
  • Place the remaining ½ cup sugar on plate
  • Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar
  • Place on sheet
  • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown... bottoms will look golden brown
  • Enjoy !
So sorry there  are not more pictures but it was a lot of work and little time. 
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment