Monday

Chicken with Stuff Soup

Well Soup is a must during those cold winter or rainy day's. Although soup for me is an any weather day thing. You will notice the more you cook that there is always something in the pantry to make soup with.




Just a Chicken Soup

2 tbs olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1 red/yellow bell pepper chopped (half of each)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili power
1 box organic chicken broth
1 can organic/fresh tomatoes
2 whole boneless chicken breasts chopped into squares
2 ears of corn fresh is best
1 cup cooked/canned cannellini beans
Pasta what ever kind you like you only need a hand full
Salt to taste




Heat the oil in your soup pot and add the onions, peppers and the garlic to the pot and saute. Add the chicken and let this cook together until your chicken is cooked thu out.







Garlic tip I did learn this on Food TV they put kosher salt on the garlic cloves before they smashes it to bring out the flavor I do say it works. Peel the garlic and put it on the cutting board then sprinkle some kosher salt. NOT TABLE SALT. Take the flat side of your knife and smash down now pick up the garlic and pop it in the soup. I rarely chop because I love the flavor of the garlic, at the end I fish the garlic out prior to serving if I remember….;-)



Cooking your pasta can be done while you are cooking the other stuff. Now I can say that you can cook the pasta half way because it will cook more in the soup. Also adding pasta to your sou is optional.




Add you chicken and spices to the pot


Now add your tomatoes






Add the corn is next












Look at the nice trick  for cutting fresh corn and keeping it in one spot using a bundt pan. . I use to have such a time with that I only wish I knew this trick sooner. My bundt pan the hole is a little wide but I go the gist of the trick.









Alright now add the chicken stock and mix everything up and add the  beans.






Let everything simmer for a good 30 minutes to one hour. I add the pasta the last 10 minutes as to not let it get soft or mushy.





When you serve the soup top each bowl off with cheese I use shredded mozzarella

Enjoy your soup !


No comments:

Post a Comment