Friday

Mexican-Italian Chicken

Chicken Mex-Italian Recipe this is a good one just made it up ! I so do love chicken there are endless ways to use it. I think when you make this dish you want to think outside of the box add spices that make you happy. Kick it up a notch for flavor. This dish is so versatile. I used store bought item's this is not my usual way of cooking. I do so love to use what is in the garden and natural ingredients.




I am getting some of the canned goods left in the pantry out.







Ingredients



5 chicken breast larger ones that means not wimpy ones

Mushrooms’ use the ones you like I use plain old round ones
7 oz.can of green chilies or fresh not hot ones unless you feel frisky
1 red onion chopped
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
Parmesan cheese
Some fresh oregano is best (did you plant yours yet?)
And seasonings of your choice










Clean and trim your chicken breast.

Then I like to cut off the fat and reserve it with one of the breasts for soup later in the winter.

During the year when cooking or making things you should reserve the cut items. When I say that I am talking about onions, celery, carrot tops. The things you would usually throw out or put into your compost pile. Use them for soup stock.






I use a baking pan. I will line it so it is easier to clean. But I need to stop that it is really wasting. Spread some of the crushed tomatoes from the can on the bottom of your pan line up your trimmed chicken breast.

I do a head to toe kind see the picture once they are lined up you can spread your stuff on .









Start anyway you like I begin with the mushrooms.









Add the chopped green chilies, onion, peppers,  and sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese on the top.

Once this is done you can spread the rest of the crushed tomatoes and top with the seasons of your choice add the shaved Parmesan cheese.






I put some sprigs of oregano from my garden in the corners and remove it before I serve the dish.



Let us talk Parmesan cheese.

Pa likes the grated on the right. I like to shave mine from a block of fresh Parmesan .








Place your baking pan in the oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. you know when it is done if not remove the dish from the oven watch your hands it is hot.

Now cut through one breast and see if it is soft and not pink inside.
Ok your done

Ta da ya did it !



No comments:

Post a Comment