Saturday

Brussel Sprouts


Brussel Sprouts one of Pa's favorite vegetables. I have learned many a way to roast, fry, steam and just make a salad out of them thinly sliced. Whatever it takes it does seem to me these little wonders had a big comeback in the last few years. I was never a fan of them but now I am I believe it is the many variety of ways to cook them that grabbed me. 

Well as usual I want you to get all your ingredients and tools ready. 





Ingredients

2 lbs Brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar


 Heat oven to 425.

 Cut the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts and trim any damaged leaves. Cut in half

 


Add all of the ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine




Add Brussels sprouts and mix until coated

Put in a roasting pan in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring once after about 25 minutes, until brown and caramelized









Once done plate up. Side note I do not eat these little devils but I sure did this recipe...Yummy

This is the time of year (Fall) to get your seeds started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment