Monday

Cranberry Biscotti


 I love Biscotti and I made it once when I was at my Mother-in-loves house. It was a fun cookie night and we were so busy laughing most of the cookies did not turn out. But the biscotti did. I took the recipe home and three years later here I am finally getting some made.






During the Holiday I melt chocolate and drizzle then I put some holiday sprinkles. Extra sugar no one complains!



Ingredients

2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract\1 cup dried cranberries
the zest of one lemon







 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl whip up the the eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient.


Mix until they are forming a sticky dough.









Stir in the cranberries and the lemon zest.














Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Sprinkle a little extra and knead the dough slightly





Shape the dough into two 9 x 3 1/2" logs. I use a ruler to make sure.




This one is cooked




Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. They should look like fat paddles.


Bake them until they are golden brown. Anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes depending on your oven.

Take out the cookie sheet and let the dough cool until it is just right to handle about 10 minutes.









Reduce your oven down to 275 degrees.  My pictures show regular and the cranberry don't worry same instructions.



On a cutting board cut your logs into 1/2 inch thick slices. My mother in love is Italian and said they were to thick so many in tradition cut them a bit thinner.











Return the pieces to the cookie sheet cut side down. Bake them until they are lightly toasted about 15 minutes then I turn mine once while baking. Let the cookies get toasted on both sides.


They will be dry but that is the texture you want for your biscotti.





I call them Dipper's.

No comments:

Post a Comment