Tuesday

Cooking Roast Beef 1938

Now I have made many a Roast Beef but hubby says that this one was the best I ever made.Who would have thought yet again the back in the day cook book , brought me back to basics.Sometimes we get so wrapped up in modern day stuff we forget to keep it simple stupid.

Thoughts for Food..A Menu Aid..1938

      I do not think about how much I over think some recipes. A great Roast beef is such a simple dish to cook. Use these simple steps to make the perfect Roast Beef for your holiday table.

Or any time!



This is a per-pound recipe so it will be by pound and temperature.






                 


Roast Beef

Season a rib roast with salt and paprika and dredge with flour. Place in a roasting pan, with an onion and carrot, fat side up, in a hot 500 degree oven from 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.







My tool closet in the kitchen is a wonderland. Here is my Thermostat I use for making sure my meats are to the right temperature. So many recipes call out to cook your food to a precise temperature and this insures you have it to the T.

Get it to the T = temperature.








 Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue cooking. (For rare meat allow 15 minutes per pound.)








For gravy , remove roast and all but about 4 tablespoons of the fat from the roaster. To this add 3 tablespoons of flour and brown. Gradually add 2 cups boiling water. Cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.








Beautiful I love my Roast red and juicy.


If you over cook a roast it can be quite tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment