Sunday

Mortar and Pestle

I have had this little tool since my hubby (Gods Gift) took me to Sante Fe for vacation. Ever vacation we go on he goes golfing and I take a cooking class at the local cooking school.



I bought my Molcajete at that school while learning new tricks to all things spicy. It took a year to get it to smooth.



 I put rice uncooked in the middle and this grinding is the only way to smooth it out. But now it is almost smooth all around. I could not wait so I use it even with a few rough sides. Hey it works.



 

A mortar and pestle is a tool used to grind and mix substances, including chemicals in a laboratory and also food in the kitchen. The pestle is a heavy small bat, made from porcelain, wood or other materials, whose rounded end is used for pounding and grinding. The mortar is a bowl, which can be made from porcelain, wood, carved stone or other materials. The substance is ground between the pestle and the mortar by rubbing or pounding the substance with the pestle against the wall of the mortar, thus turning it into a fine powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment