Thursday

Oatmeal Cookies with Nuts and Fruit



Oatmeal Cookies with a crunch my favorite so with all the added stuff they are heaven in your mouth. This is not so complicated except every time I make them I add another ingredients. It is getting very long winded to tell people what is in them. 








Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies are a basic recipe and each time you add an ingredient I dare you to get creative. Look the last time I made them I added almonds instead of walnuts. Yum! Enjoy

 

Ingredients

1  cup butter
3/4 cup Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (4 whites)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg (which do you like best)
2 to 3 cups of oats (I like old fashioned steel cut)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 dried cranberries or * I like 
raisins
1 cup nuts pick you kind.  * I like walnut 

Directions: 

Preheat your oven to 325 to 350  Ovens vary some hotter than other.

All ovens are different and you need to adjust. I do my cookies at 325 degrees because 350 always cooks the edges to fast. So start at 325 you know your oven right? I cook mine for 12 minutes but always check them at 10 minutes. I don't know, it is like they are little cookie children that need mommy to check on them.

Cookie sheet you can line it with parchment or not. I don't line mine it seems there is enough butter that nothing is ever going to stick to this cookie sheet. But in defense of parchment paper it sure makes it easy to clean up. I use two cookie sheets one goes in the oven. Once cooked I take it out and the next is ready to go in while the other cools.


Let us get started on the batter.

Beat the butter, Crisco and sugars together till they are well mixed.





Now add your eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture. I'm a real stickler on making sure things are mixed there is nothing worse then taking a bite of these delicious cookies and getting a big bite of something that did not mix up. This mixture should be mixed until you get a creamy consistency. This takes at least 3 to 5 minutes depending on the blender.





In yet another bowl sift the flour, baking soda and cinnamon/nutmeg together. Yes my sifter is an old one but it works. 
Thank you Grandma Lois !










Now add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixture you're almost there.....exciting huh!


Alright now add the oats, raisins, nuts and all that jazz. Yes my picture shows chocolate chips but it was for a chocolate friend.



I use gloves all the time in the kitchen because it sure makes life easier just pop off the gloves and on to the next step.  Think about it (Surgical Gloves)









Ok everything is combined up lets get these guys on a cookie sheet. I put 12 to a sheet for 12 they do not spread to much and keep their shape nicely. Use what you will to scoop I use an old fashion plain ole everyday soup spoon. I know Ice Cream Scoop but I'm to cheap to buy one just for cookies and my scoop is an standard soup spoon.

Please keep an eye on these little ones.

Check them after 10 minutes use a toothpick to get just the texture you want. I'm really sure the ole 12 x 12 this makes 12 on a sheet for 12 minutes.

Take the cookies out let them cool for about 5 minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack. I am showing you two pictures of the degree of cooking. I like crispy cookies.  But you cook them to your desire consistency. The longer the crispier.



So any questions you just pop a comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment