Sunday

Iron Skillet Chicken with Apricot Preserves

Chicken with Apricot Preserves is a moist delight and the chicken loves it! In making this recipe like so many others I tweek it.

My new way of saying that is "Personalize" it.

Any preserves will do apricot just brings out a great taste in the chicken.

 


Seriously I do a lot of research when I cook. I know I should post more but my site is not about popularity or how many followers or la-la-la. There is no ego here and I just want to cook. I should post more often but I find I forget to take a picture or I ate the whole thing and a light bulb goes off. Oh crap I forgot to post this. I am going to try to get better. You deserve it.



 I love rub's and whole chickens. The best thing is the price on whole chicken it cheaper. You can make chicken broth out of the extra fat and guts. Plus you get all the juices from the delicious dark meat. Many recipes call out for all sort's of pan's to cook the chicken in. I use my cast iron skillets where ever possible.Love this one with a grill.




The Recipe

1 roasting chicken, about 3 pound

The Rub
Kosher salt and pepper
2 tbs curry powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tbs vegetable oil

Wash the chicken and pat dry



Combine the curry powder, lemon juice (save the peel and the rest of the lemon we will stuff it in the chicken tummy), ginger, cumin, and vegetable oil. Rub the mixture all over the chicken and under the skin.






Rub the glaze all over the chicken and under the skin.  Place your chicken into the pan.














* I then tied the legs and stuff the lemon in the tummy




Roast at 350° for about 20 minutes per pound, or to about 165° on a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh but not touching bone.

 

The Glaze

1/2 cup apricot preserves
3 tbls grainy mustard







About 10 to 15 minutes prior to the finish of the cooking combine the jams and mustard and brush it all over the chicken.


 


Continue cooking till done. This was tender and a great hit !









      This is the beautiful
Chicken with Apricot Preserves.

Enjoy. xoxo







The original recipe adapted from About.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment