Friday

Peachy Buttermilk Muffins


During the Summer Season wh
en fresh fruit is abundant. Peaches are delightful and sweet. I love using buttermilk or yogurt in any of my baking recipe's. Either one always makes any cake, cupcakes, muffins so light and moist. 



Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup soften butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup yogurt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 cups freshly diced peaches
Preheat your oven to 375 degreez



The first thing you want to do is mix the 
eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla.  In a large mixing bowl add these ingredients and mix this up until the sugar has dissolved. 






I run my finger through the mixture and taste the granules should have dissipated.

Now you can add your yogurt and butter milk to the mixing bowl. As a side note there are more ways to make muffins then you could imagine. I have done my Banana Muffins for years with half the ingredient's but I love to experiment and these were worth it.




Chop your peaches. Use fresh the frozen are to wet for muffins or baking. I always chop more than needed and freeze for other recipes. It is good to do while they are in season.








Once this is all mixed well move on to sifting your dry ingredients into a separate bowl. Sift the flour, baking soda and powder and the cinnamon. I always sift my dry ingredients together this way everything is mixed evenly.






Now is the time to add your peaches. Add the peaches last and mix by hand. I like to mix by hand because this way I do not smash or rip the peaches I want whole bites of peaches.




Once well mixed you can pour the batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 18 minute's or so. Keep an eye on them as every oven is different with the amount of heat it generates. This recipe should give you about 24  standard muffins or 6 to 12 jumbo muffins. 

An added bonus on these muffins is to add a crumble top. You want to add the crumble prior to cooking them. The ingredients are as follows and so easy adding a crunch on top of your already delicious muffins.

Crumble Topping

1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup flour 
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbl white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together and top the muffins. Top muffin's prior to putting them in the oven to cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment