Thursday

Super Moist Banana Bread Recipe


This recipe is one of the most moist Banana Bread I have ever made. I do know it is the buttermilk that makes the difference. What I did do is make a second recipe using my usual recipe to see if there is any real difference. In my years of cooking I have found that sometimes the ingredients give or take make a big or no difference. This one was Big!

Ingredients

2 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup of buttermilk
1 1/2  cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 to 1 cup walnuts (optional Chocolate Chips)
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
*Grease and flour coat a 9x5 inch pan



I know having everything ready prior to starting any cooking project this works best for me. So with that I have smashed my banana. I used a potato masher but a fork works just as well.








A couple of tips for baking. Always sift the dry ingredients. When you do the flour has no lumps and the baking powder and soda are incorporated. Yes it is old but it works. Thank you
Nanny ! 





I am a stickler about shifting the dry ingredients and mixing the wet ingredients thoroughly.




The tool you see me using on my bananas is my potato masher. I use this for everything from baking to preserves. This is getting to be more like a tool show then banana bread recipe.



Now let us start to incorporate the ingredients. 


To start in a large bowl or mixer stir together the softened butter and the sugar. Next in a small bowl mix up your eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract mix well and then add this to your butter mixture and combine.  I like to mix some of my ingredients separately then combine this make me sure that everything has mixed well. Nothing worse than a chunk of brown sugar that did not dissolve or a pocket of flour that needed sifting.



Now it is time to gather and join all the ingredients together and add your bananas and walnuts. Mix them until well combined.  Have your baking pan ready and the oven warmed up. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and put it into the oven. Cook for 30 minutes and check the doneness with a toothpick. If not done give it 5 more minutes at a time. Remember less is better. 


Cool on a rack and cut and serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment