Thursday

Dad's Banana Bread

Baking Banana Bread was something my Daddy did very well. I had finally gotten him to give me the recipe and I made little loaf's for the Holiday gift giving. I have this notion that our parents make things and we think they are the best in the world. Truth be told it is just the love and time they put into it that makes us love it so much


I looked at other recipes for banana bread and the results were really almost identical. But Love is the key to family and baking and cooking.

***When ever a banana starts to get over ripe I bag it and put it in the freezer for baking

Banana Bread Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups of flour
  • 2/3 cup of sugar
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed banana - - good and ripe
  • 1/3 cup of shortening
  • 2 tbsp. whole milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Daddy's Banana Bread


In a large bowl sift all your dry ingredients and set aside.

When I bake I like to get all my ingredient's together and ready. This way I can add and make my batter with out having to get this and that.

With an electric mixer beat the banana, shortening, and milk



Add the eggs (one at a time)  mix completely prior to adding the second egg



FYI the reason I sift all my dry ingredients together in a separate bowl so there are no pieces of flour that need to be broken up.

Add the flour mixture slowly into the mixer making sure each entry is fully mixed in. Once everything is mixed fold in your walnuts.


Grease and flour your baking pan/pans. Pour your batter into your baking pan. I usually make more batter than needed thus as you see extra big muffins came with this batch

Bake your banana breads accordingly. This mean the oven is at 350 degrees. If it is a regular loaf pan cook for approximately 45 to 60 minutes. I baked mine for 45 but kept an eye on it  Look when it starts to get a beautiful brown top put a toothpick through the top and if it comes out clean you are good to take them out.


Let them cool on a wire rack and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment