Thursday

Caesar Salad

I went with salad because last week I gained three pounds hey not that I mind but with all the cook books I have to go through

The Joy of Cooking .....Erma Rombauer.....1952

This California recipe calls for 1/2 cup of olive oil, none other, in which a clove of garlic, peeled and sliced has been placed for at least 24 hours.
I will be 30 pounds by mid year. Gosh I love food!











Prepare:

For the croutons:

1 cup of cubed french bread
Toast the cubes. Place them in a bowl.
Pour over them 2 tablespoons of garlic oil (see above)

Salad Prep:
Cut up 2 heads of romaine
Place the romaine in a salad bowl

Sprinkle over it:
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
A generous grating of black pepper

Add:
3 tablespoons of wine vinegar
6 tablespoons of olive oil

Cook:
1 egg in the shell gently in simmering water for
1 1/2 minutes.

Add:
Drop the content from the shell onto the ingredients in the bowl. Add the croutons and 2 tablespoons or more of grated Parmesan cheese.

Toss the salad well. Serve it at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment